IAS EXAM -PRELIMS 2013-CUT OFF ANALYSIS
- Poor turnout for exam as compared to total number of applications received. As per leading News paper (The hindu & times of India) most of the states recorded more that 60% absentees in PRELIMS exam held on 26th MAY. Only 40% attended the exam.
- Reason for this
latest structural changes in the MAINS exam specially General studies (GAME CHANGER).
- Most of the senior most IAS aspirants with GM/OBC candidates left with less/one attempt so didn’t attended exam(except little those who cross age limit this year).
- Since the inclusion of comman exam for IAS & IFS(Indian forest service),out of 40% there are serious players of only 1)IAS 2) IFS 3) BOTH (Very rare because of availability of optional subjects ).
- Most of the attendees are freshers/first attempter/not serious aspirants.
- IFS aspirants are very good at aptitude because(their education background is science & must passed compulsory mathematics as a subject in degree level), so for them PAPER 2 went easy.(here IAS aspirants gets benefited only if IFS aspirants opted only IFS(not BOTH IFS+IAS) at the time of filling application. Vice versa for IFS aspirants.
- Looking at above probability only IAS, Only IFS,& both aspirants have more opportunity if USPC create separate list for IAS , IFS.
- Overall due to absenteesm and above claims, this years cut off ill be fall as compared to previous years so everyone who score more than 181+ to 210+ have great chance of clearing PRELIMS
Category wise cut offs
GM – 195+ to 210
OBC-185 to 195
PH1/2/3- LESS THAN 160
Share your experience in exam and expected marks.
Please share your experience using comment section & help others
by team https://kasexams.wordpress.com
Follow us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/KAS-EXAM-TIPS/560602880629432
Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/KASEXAMTIPS