Posts Tagged ‘kas new’
KARNATAKA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS SECRETARIAT
NO.DPAR 07 SRR 94 BANGALORE, DATED:21ST JULY 1997
Note:Below mentioned Rule may subject to change time to time.Please visit http://kpsc.kar.nic.in for more updated rules details
Whereas the draft of the Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examinations) Rules, 1996 was published as required by clause (a) of subsection (2) of section 3 read with section 8 of the Karnataka State Civil Services Act, 1978
(Karnataka Act 14 of 1990) in Notification No.DPAR 07 SRR 94, dated:3rd June, 1996 in part-IV section 2C(i) of the Karnataka Gazette Extraordinary dated:4th June 1996 inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby, within thirty days from the date of its in the official Gazetted. public on 4th June, 1996. And, whereas the objections and suggestions received have been considered by the State Government. Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred Whereas, the said Gazette was made available to the
by sub-section(1) of section 3, read with section 8 of the Karnataka State Civil Services Act, 1978 (Karnataka Act 14 of 1990), the Government of Karnataka hereby makes the following rules, namely:
1. Title and commencement: (1) These rules may be called the Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers (Appointment by Competitive Examinations) Rules, 1997.(2) They shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions: (1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,
(i) “Available Vacancies” means the vacancies determined by the Government in accordance with the rules of recruitment applicable in respect of each service/cadre specified in Schedule-I for the purpose of recruitment under these rules:
(ii) “Commission” means the Karnataka Public Service Commission;
(iii)“Government” means the Government of Karnataka;
(iv)“List” means the list of candidates prepared in accordance with rule.
(v) “Other Backward Classes” means other backward classes as determined by the Government from time to time, for the purpose of reservation of vacancies as per clause (4) of Article 16 of the Constitution of India;
(vi)“Schedule” means the Schedule to these rules
(2) All other words and expressions used in these rules and not defined shall have the same meaning as in the Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules, 1977.
(1) (a) The Provisions of these rules shall apply in respect of direct recruitment to the Group-‘A’ and Group-‘B’ posts in the State Civil Services specified in column 3 of Schedule-I relating to the services specified in the corresponding entries in column 2 thereof. (b) Government may, by order, amend Schedule-I for inclusion of any new posts or deletion of any of the existing posts in any State Civil Services.
(2) These rules shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in.
(i) the Cadre and Recruitment rules for the time being in force applicable to the Services/Posts in the State Civil Services referred to in clause(a) ofsub-rule (i); and
(ii) the Karnataka Civil Services (General Recruitment) Rules, 1977.
(3) Such number of available vacancies as determined by the Government in accordance with the rules of recruitment applicable to the respective services or posts referred to in clause (a) of sub-rule (1) shall be filled up by direct recruitment after selection of candidates by the Commission in accordance with the provisions of these rules. For this purpose, Government shall classify the available vacancies as per orders of reservation in force and release them to the Commission for recruitment.
4. Holding of Competitive Examinations:
(1) (a) A combined Competitive examination for recruitment to one or more of the services or groups of posts mentioned in Schedule-I shall be held every year, subject to availability of vacancies, in the manner set out in Schedule-II.
(b) Government may, by order, amend Schedule-II for making any addition, alteration or deletion of any subject or syllabus of a subject.
(2) The Commission shall invite applications in the prescribed form for the competitive examination from the intending eligible candidates.
(3) The candidates who apply for the competitive examinations shall clearly indicate in their application forms the services or posts for which they wish to be considered for appointment in the order of preference. They shall not be considered for such of the service or posts which are not preferred by them.
5. Age Limit:
Every candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and not attained the age of 35 years as on the last date specified for receipt of application or on such other date as may be specified by the Government. Provided that the upper age limit shall be relaxed by five years in respect of a
candidate who belongs to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes or category-I of other Backward classes and by three years in respect of a candidate who belongs to other categories of Backward classes. Provided further that the upper age limit shall be relaxed in the case of a candidate who is a ex-serviceman, by the number of years of service rendered by him in the Armed forces of the Union. “Provided also that the upper age limit shall be relaxed by ten years in the case of candidate who is Physically Handicapped or Widow”.
6. Attempts at the Examination: Every candidate appearing for the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted for any number of attempts in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, not more than 7 attempts in case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes and not more than 5 attempts in case of other candidates subject to the age limit prescribed.
Appearance of the candidate at the preliminary examination shall be deemed to be an attempt irrespective of disqualification or cancellation, as the case may be of his candidature.
7. Academic Qualification and Physical Standards: (1) No candidate shall be eligible for recruitment under these rules unless he Possesses Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree awarded by a University established Law in India are Possesses an equivalent
qualification. Provided that, candidates who have appeared for an examination, passing of which would render them educationally qualified for preliminary examination conducted by the Commission, but the results of which have not been declared, are also eligible for
admission to such preliminary examination. All candidates who are declared qualfied by the Commission for taking the Gazetted Probations (Main) Examination shall be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination along with their application of the Main examination failing which such candidates shall not be admitted to the Main examination.
Provided further that, candidates who have passed the final professional year or any other medical examination but have not completed their internship at the time of submission of their applications for the Gazetted Probationers (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to
the examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final medical examination. In such cases, the candidates shall be required to produce at
the time of their interview original degree or a certificate from the competent authority of the University/Institution that they have completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.
(2) No candidate shall be eligible for appointment to the posts, for which specific physical standards are prescribed in the rules of recruitment specially made, unless he satisfies the prescribed physical standards.
8. Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward
Classes: There shall be reservation of vacancies for candidates belonging to
Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes to the extent
provided for by the Government by any general or Special order from time to time.
9. Conduct of Competitive Examinations: The Commission shall, subject to the provisions of these rules, make necessary arrangments relating to the conduct of Competitive Examination to be held by it in pursuance of rule 4 of these rules. The Commission shall openly advertise the vacancies in the Karnataka Gazette and in one or more of News Papers in regional language having wide circulation in the State
specifying the condition of eligibility, the nature of competition, the provisional number of vacancies to be filled up and the reservations available in favour of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes and others.
10. Commission to decide the eligibility of candidates: The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final and no candidate to whom a certificate of admission has not been issued by the Commission shall be admitted to the examination.
11. List of candidates suitable for appointment:(1) Subject to the provisions of subrule (3) of rule 4 and rule 8, and the number of posts advertise for each of the services in Group-‘A’ and Group- ‘B’ the Commission shall prepareseparate list of names of the candidates equal to the available number of vacancies considered suitable for apointment for each of the said services in Group-‘A’ and Group ‘B’ arranged in the
order of merit determined on the basis of total marks secured in the main examination comprising written examination and personality test:
Provided that the name of a candidate shall not be included in more than one such list.
2) The list prepared under sub-rule (1) shall be published by the Commission in the Official
Gazette and the copies thereof shall be forwarded to.
(i) the Government together with the marks secured by each of the
candidates in the written examination and personality test; and
(ii) each candidate whose name is included in such list.
3) Candidates whose names are included in the list prepared in accordance with
the provisions of sub-rule (1) shall be considered for appointment to the vacancies
notified in each of the services and groups of posts in the order in which their names
appear in the list.
Provided that, no candidate shall be appointed unless the Government is satisfied
after such enquiry and verification as may be considered necessary that the candidate is
suitable for such appointment.
12. Right of appointment: Inclusion of a candidates name in the list by itself confers no
right for appointment.
13. Application of General Recruitment Rules: Except in respect of matters for which
provision is made in these rules, the provisions of the Karnataka Civil Services
(General Recruitment) Rules, 1977, shall be applicable for purpose of recruitment
under these rules.
14. Application of other Rules: The Karnataka Civil Services Rules, the Karnataka Civil
Services (Probation) Rules, 1977 and such other rules for the time being in force
together with such other rules as may be made from time to time regulating the
conditions of services made under the Karnataka State Civil Services Act, 1978 (Act
No.14 of 1990) in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of these rules
shall be applicable to probationers appointed under these rules.
15. Misconduct: A candidate found guilty of
(i) impersonation or of submitting fabricated document or documents
which have been tampered with or of making statements which are
incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or of using
or attempting to use unfair means in an examination conducted for
purposes of recruitment or otherwise resorting to any other
irregular or improper means in connection with his recruitment;
(ii) using any unfair means during the examination or subsequently
violating any of the instructions issued by the Commission;
(iii) misbehaving in examination hall, may in addition to rendering
himself liable to criminal prosecution and to disciplinary action
(a) be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for
which he is a candidate and;or
(b) be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:
i) by the Commission, from admission to any examination or
ii) by the Government from employment in the State Civil
Provided that no action under this rule shall be taken except after,
(i) giving the candidates an opportunity of making representation in
writing as he may wish to make in that behalf; and
(ii) considering the representation in writing as he may wish to make in
that behalf; and
(iii) considering the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate
within the time specified.
16. Repeal and savings: (1) The Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers
(Appointment by Competitive Examinations) Rules, 1966 (hereinafter referred to as the said
rules) are hereby repealed:
Provided that the said repeal shall not affect the previous operation of the said rules or
anything duly done or suffered thereunder or affect any right, liability or obligation acquired,
accrued or incurred under the said rules.
(2) Any reference in any rule or order to the said rules repealed by sub-rule (1) shall be
construed as a reference to these rules.
(3) All proceedings commenced under the said rules repealed by sub-rule (1) and pending
on the date of commencement of these rules shall be continued and disposed of in accordance
with the provisions of the repealed rules.
(4) Notwithstanding the repeal of the said rules by sub-rule (1) if the process of
recruitment to any of the posts covered by the said rules has already commenced and is pending
on the date of commencement of these rules it shall be finalised in accordance with said rules
which were in force prior to the commencement of these rules.
By Order and in the name of the Governor of Karnataka,
Under Secretary to Government –I,
Department of Personnel and